6th Grade Ancient Civilizations Research Project
BEFORE you begin your research, think about:
- HOW you're going to TAKE NOTES and
- HOW you are going to CITE YOUR SOURCES.
- HOW you are going to create your BIBLIOGRAPHY
1. As you begin your research, start with Encyclopedia Britannica
2. After you've learned a little bit about your topic, read one of the BOOKS we have pulled for you or search for an e-book about your civilization in eBook collection.
3. Looking for more information: Try one of the websites below:
Ancient India from the British Museum
Ancient History from the BBC (Egypt, Greece, India)
Odyssey Online (Egypt, Greece) by Michael C. Carlos Museum of Emory
University, Memorial Art Gallery of the University of Rochester and Dallas
Museum of Art
Ancient Egypt from the British Museum
Indus Valley from BBC
Shang Dynasty from ushistory.org
The Phoenicians from History World
Indus Valley Civilization:
Harappa.com (Awesome site)
4. If you still need more information, try one of these two student-oriented search engines:
5. Looking for images for your presentation? Try one of these sites below to find copyright-friendly images. Remember to CITE every image you use!
- Encyclopedia Britannica - Click on the Images tab of your article to find images related to your civilization. Remember that Encyclopedia Britannica cites your image for you!
- Wikimedia Commons - Search for your civilization first, then you'll find a collection of images to browse. You can also search for specific objects, people, places, etc. Make sure that the image you use has a Creative Commons license or is in the Public Domain.
- Google Advanced Image Search - Remember to choose free to use or share from the usage rights box!